Sunday, August 3, 2014

Wonderful Weekend

I've been away from both the blog and the Facebook page for a few days because I've been out of town and had very spotty service.  So much happened during my visit home that I am thankful for, it could take up a few posts.  So as not to bore you, I'll be succinct and condense it all into one post.

Wednesday, July 30th - I drove home to Virginia on this day.  There is so much beauty between the Bay and the mountains.  While I hate the long drive, I enjoy taking in the scenery.  I also enjoy being in the car with my favorite tunes.  This trip was all about James Brown.  I am so thankful that I made it to Virginia safely.

Thursday, July 31st - I had lunch with Grandma on this day.  She wanted a chicken sandwich, so I brought her some Chick-fil-a and we sat and talked.  I got completely caught up on all the family happenings and what has been happening in Grandma's neighborhood.  We talked about life and we talked about God.  It was a great conversation.  I love my grandma and I'm very thankful for her.

Friday, August 1st - I had breakfast and another good conversation with grandma.  Lunch was with my best friend from high school.  We don't talk very often, but when we do, we're able to pick right back up without missing a beat.  It's funny how two people that have so much in common found each other so early in life.  I'm thankful for her.

Later in the day, I fulfilled the purpose of my trip home.  I took my Dad and Stepmom to see the new James Brown movie, "Get On Up".  The movie was absolutely phenomenal and it surpassed our expectations.  After the movie, we went to dinner and continued to talk about the movie.  We had such a good time.  The dinner conversation turned to family and I heard a lot about my family that I'd never heard before. This was one of those occasions that I'm sure we will be talking about for years to come.  I'm thankful that I decided to make seeing the movie with Dad a priority and I'm thankful that we were able to experience it together.

Saturday, August 2nd - I traveled back to Maryland without incident and for that I am thankful.

Sunday, August 3rd - Matilda let me sleep until 8:15.  Very thankful for that.  I spent the rest of the day sleeping, thinking, resting, researching, and writing.  It felt good to be a bit productive today.

This was such a great little getaway.  I'm hopeful that it will sustain me for quite awhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment