Monday, August 11, 2014

Fake It 'Til You Make It




When I woke up this morning, I was not in a good mood.  I had to fight to get to sleep last night and I didn't feel rested when I woke up.  I hurt all over and had to convince myself that staying home from work today wasn't a feasible option.

I wasn't in a positive place and I most certainly didn't feel thankful for anything.  Just as I was rolling out of bed, the phrase "fake it 'til you make it" starting ringing in my head.  I listened to that voice and started coming up with reasons to be thankful even though I didn't really feel it.  "Well, at least I can feel the pain in my legs.  Well, at least I have teeth the brush.  Well, at least I have shoes to put on my swollen feet."

I can't say that I'm in a more positive place, but positivity and happy don't equate to thankful and anyone that tells you that it does has probably drank some sort of Kool-Aid concoction that I would advise against you trying.  What this exercise has done for me is stopped me from dwelling in the negative for today.  Yeah, I don't feel good.  Yeah, I don't want to be at work.  But there is still something to be thankful for and I'm going to try and hold on to that truth to get me through this day.

I hope that if your day hasn't started off very well, that you'll be able to fake it 'til you make it to get through this day.

No comments:

Post a Comment