Thursday, July 10, 2014

Mom

Today, I learned that two friends experienced very significant losses.  I am sad for them both and have no idea what to say or do for either one of them.  I've never been good at these kinds of situations.   I'm the girl who will plan an event for you, or make you a quilt, or take care of some details that you shouldn't have to deal with during your grief.  I'm good at those things because I don't have to find consoling words. I can just let my actions speak for me.

It's hard to be thankful under these circumstances.   While I was thinking about what I was going to write about tonight, I called my mom and talked to her for awhile.

I'm thankful I could talk to my mom today.

This is my mom on the day of one of our best ever conversations.

No comments:

Post a Comment