Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Family and Friend

This past weekend, we had a Family Day on my Dad's side of the family.  It was so great to see everyone.  We had such a good time just acting crazy and telling stories.  This was the first time that my Dad and his siblings were the oldest people in attendance.  This gathering was a definite transition. None of them had any responsibility at this gathering and me and my cousins catered to them.  I enjoyed watching them realize that the order of things has shifted, although it also shook me a little bit. I also enjoyed watching my cousin's kids play with each other, although it also made me a little sad that I didn't have a child of my own.  In the end, I mostly felt thankful to be around my family.

Today, my best friend spent almost an hour online trying to register me for classes at a conference next year.  She did it for me because I was in court and couldn't get to a computer.  She could've spent that early morning time with her family, but she decided to help me.

Today I am thankful for my wonderful family and sisterly best friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment